Proximal convoluted tubule reabsorption needs to happen inside one’s body. The proximal convoluted tubule is that section of the kidney where the reabsorption and secretion take place. It is the portion which lies between Bowman’s capsule and the loop of Henle. Its major function is the reabsorption of sodium, sugar, and chloride ions and extra fluid from the glomerular filtrate. It carries two membranes, from which one is facing the tubule and the other faces the bloodstream. From here the sodium gets pumped into the bloodstream through the sodium pumps. “Proximal convoluted tubule reabsorption”

The function of proximal convoluted tubule reabsorption

The reabsorption is linked with the sodium ion movement. Proximal convoluted tubule work to reabsorb the small protein and peptide hormones. The material which gets reabsorbed then enters into the peritubular capillaries. The sodium reabsorption happens by the protein which gets transported by water and chloride. Here is the proportion of proximal convoluted tubule reabsorption:
  • 50% of urea
  • 66% of sodium and water
  • 100% of organic solutes (amino acids and glucose)
  • 65% of potassium
  • 80% of phosphate

Role of the kidney in Glucose regulation

A kidney does not actually work for the regulation of glucose, but its focus on preserving the necessary nutrients. When the glucose level gets extremely high, then only the kidney helps in the elimination of glucose by the process of excretion. Glucose is a small molecule and gets filtered in the same proportion. The reabsorption of glucose only happens in the proximal tubule which is done by sodium and co-transporters. “Kidney Treatment in India”

What is proximal convoluted tubule acidosis?

This proximal convoluted tubule acidosis is the stage where the process of reabsorption of HCO3 gets affected. When the bicarbonate wastage gets detected in the urine, it signs that there is a defect in the proximal tubule. This defect needs adequate and immediate treatment. Approx 80% part of the HCO3 gets filtered in the proximal tubule and the rest 20% goes down to the loop of Henle, collecting tubule and distal tubule. This defect linked with the defect in proximal convoluted tubule reabsorption process.

Causes of a defect in proximal convoluted tubule reabsorption

The causes of proximal convoluted tubule acidosis are linked with the defect in its reabsorption process. The causes can be hereditary or can be the acquired disorders. Some of the major causes of a defect in proximal convoluted tubule are:
  • Cystinosis
  • Galactosemia
  • Glycogen storage disease
  • Lowe syndrome
  • Tyrosinemia
  • Multiple myelomas
  • Toxins like HAART, lead, cadmium, and ifosfamide

Treatment of defect in proximal convoluted tubule reabsorption

There is a need to find the right treatment for any damage or defect in the body. The defect linked with the proximal convoluted tubule can put a bad impact on the working of other organs, due to the imbalance in the level of compounds. This can later turn into kidney dysfunction or damage when remaining untreated. The damage will increase the level of negative compounds which are needed to get flushed out from the body. Karma Ayurveda Reviews Karma Ayurveda provides you the right treatment for kidney related diseases and any kind of filtration process dysfunction. The institution is focused to save the patients from the complications linked with major surgeries and also to provide accurate treatment for the same. The medications are 100% natural and are made with unrefined herbs. All the natural medications and treatment is focused to treat the disease from it cause. Dr. Puneet Dhawan will let you know the effectiveness of herbal medicines once you will start the medication course recommended by him.

Certificate no- AH-2023-0186

JAN 05,2023-JAN 04,2026

"Ayurveda is not just a system of medicine; it's a way of life. Connect with us to embrace a lifestyle that nurtures your body, mind, and soul."

Book Consultation Now
Please call me back to discuss more