Kidneys are bean-shaped organs that filter waste products from the blood. They also regulate blood pressure, production of red blood cell and electrolyte balance. If kidneys stop to filter the blood and water, it can result in building up of toxic waste in the body. This condition of kidney dysfunction is known as kidney failure.
What is kidney dialysis?
Dialysis is an artificial treatment that filters and purifies the blood using a machine. This helps in keeping the body in balance when the kidneys are not able to perform their job. It is an alternate to damaged kidney functions. There are mainly two types of kidney disease:
- Hemodialysis is a very common type of dialysis. It uses an artificial kidney, known as a hemodialyzer, to remove the waste and extra fluid from your blood. A vascular access is created into the blood vessel for the blood to flow through the artificial kidneys. This vascular access will allow a larger amount of blood to flow through your body during hemodialysis treatment. It results in the filtering and purification of blood.
- A peritoneal dialysis is a form of surgery which implants a catheter into the belly area. During treatment, a special fluid called dialysate flows into the abdomen. As the dialysate draws the waste from the bloodstream which is drained from the abdomen. This process can be done at home.
Disadvantage of dialysis, and ayurvedic kidney failure treatment
The dialysis is an allopathic treatment and it is temporary solutions which have many cons, such as:
- Abdominal muscle weakening
- High blood sugar level due to dextrose in the dialysate
- Abnormal weight gain
- Low blood pressure
- Sleeping disorder
- Muscle cramps
- Situation anemia which doesn’t allow the red blood cells to form
- Inflammation of the membrane around the heart
- Dry and itchy skin
- Pain in abdomen and back
Food for kidneys
A proper diet is necessary for boosting the functions of the damaged kidneys. Kidneys need a high amount of nutrient during such time to revive themselves. If the person has been on dialysis, a wrong food can further degrade the kidneys. There are certain key points that one has to follow during the treatment, such as:
- High protein food should be substituted with low protein food
- Added salt and sodium should be limited in the diet
- Low dairy products should be avoided from the diet
- Low phosphorus and potassium should not be included in the diet
- Vegetables and salad with good fiber content should be included in the diet
- Fresh fruits that are rich in Vitamin C and are natural antioxidant should be included in the diet
Kidney failure without dialysis life expectancy
Ayurveda can increase the life expectancy of damaged kidneys without any dialysis. Ayurvedic treatment for kidney failure makes use of unrefined herbs and organic supplements. Karma Ayurveda is one of the finest clinics that have been providing kidney failure treatment. They have successfully treated thousands of kidney dialysis patients with their natural treatment and Ayurvedic medicines.