There are many kidney diseases which affect the shape and structure of kidneys in many ways. Kidney shrinkage is a situation in which the kidneys get a shrink or the size of it gets reduced. The healthy kidneys are about the 10-12 cm in length, 5-6 cm in width and 3-4 cm in thickness. The shrunken kidneys called as atrophic kidneys which are smaller than the normal value.“Ayurvedic Treatment for Kidney Shrinkage”
What causes the kidneys to get a shrink?
Shrinkage can happen in both the kidneys or in only one kidney. There are a number of causes by which a kidney can get shrink such as:
- End-stage kidney disease
- Renal artery stenosis
- Acute kidney disease
- Chronic kidney disease
This means that the shrinkage of kidneys is linked with kidney diseases as it affects the nephron inside a kidney slowly and steadily. This continues damage to nephron result as the shrinkage of kidneys. Sometimes the patients are unable to understand that by which disease they are actually suffering from. In the case of the kidney, shrinkage symptoms are found to be common but need immediate and right treatment. “Ayurvedic Treatment for Kidney Shrinkage”
Major symptoms of kidney shrinkage
Kidney shrinkage indicates the loss of kidney functions and kidney damage which can be indicated by symptoms. Here are the major symptoms linked with kidney shrinkage:
- Swelling in different body parts- There might be swelling in different body parts such as legs, feet. Face, head due to the heavy loss of tissues. Karma Ayurveda Reviews, Feedback and Complaint
- Hematuria- Bloody and dark colored urine is the continuous situation of Hematuria.
- Pain in the back- Pain in the lower abdomen and back are the major sign of kidney shrinkage.
- Frequent high blood pressure- Continuous high blood pressure and illness indicates kidney shrinkage. “Ayurvedic Treatment for Kidney Shrinkage”
- Fatigue and nausea- It happens due to the deposit of uremic toxins and kidney anemia.
- Vomiting, itching, and dryness of skin
The right diet for kidney shrinkage
Your eating habits affect your health in a major way. Hence it is important for all to follow such a diet plan that will not affect their health in any manner. In the case of kidney shrinkage, a person needs to follow the tips such as:
- Adopt a low sodium diet
- Adopt a diet less in protein
- Add omega 3 fatty acid in your daily diet “Ayurvedic Treatment for Kidney Shrinkage”
- Take the right amount of potassium and phosphorus in your diet
- Avoid food which contains Purina
- Drink adequate amount of water
The right treatment for kidney shrinkage
Many patients who face the stage of kidney shrinkage are advised to live with one kidney. While in the situation of shrinkage in both the kidneys, the patients are advised to go for the kidney transplant. These both push a person towards the dangerous complication; it is difficult to fight with. It is important for such patients to go for kidney disease treatment in Ayurveda which is never found to have any link with kidney shrinkage. “Chronic Kidney Disease Treatment in Ayurveda”
Karma Ayurveda is offering adequate ayurvedic treatment for kidney failure since 1937, which keeps the patient away from painful surgeries. All the medicines prescribed by Dr. Puneet Dhawan are made of natural and unrefined herbs that are working as the optimum solution for the problems of kidney patients. “Ayurvedic Treatment for Kidney Shrinkage”