Kidney problems are usually common in old and middle age people who are unhealthy and do less physical activity. But, as time has advanced more children are struggling with kidney problems. Today’s young generation is living an inactive life by sitting in front of the television or playing video games. They are also consuming a lot of junk food which is full of sodium, calcium and protein. An immediate kidney failure treatment is required if the child is at risk of facing kidney problem.
Kids who are already suffering from underlying health conditions like the problem in their urinary tract are at more risk of developing kidney problems. Some birth disorders like urethra become narrow or blocked, such a condition prevents the urine from leaving the body. Another reason is the disease named fetal hydronephrosis that usually occurs when one is still an infant or inside the worm, in some rare cases. In this condition, the kidneys become enlarged. Such a condition is fatal to health and calls for a kidney failure treatment.
Kidneys play a pivotal role in the body as they filter the waste and regulate the water-salt level in the body. If the kidneys stop functioning the child is likely to suffer from problems like kidney stones and other kidney related problems. There are many signs and symptoms in children that can indicate a kidney disease, such as:
- Blood in urine
- Pain while urinating
- Pain in lower back area and torso
- Weakness and flu like symptoms
- Nausea and vomiting
- Change in the color of the urine
A child’s kidney functions decline in such a condition, so to slow down its progression one should take a healthy kidney diet. There are certain key points which can enhance your diet:
- One should choose tap or bottle water, mineral or flavored or sparkling water. The specialty water may contain sodium, potassium or phosphate additives.
- Home tea and lemonade is an ideal alternative to water. Bottled or canned beverages are mainly loaded with phosphates so one must limit them.
- One must consume only fresh poultry products and pork. Many enhanced and pre-cooked products contain a greater amount of phosphate and potassium.
- Children should be fed an only homemade food like soup and organic stock as it is low in sodium.
- The high protein intake like meat and beef should be substituted with fresh vegetables.
Replacing unhealthy food habits in your children can help in strengthening their metabolism. Ayurveda can prove to be really beneficial in pediatric kidney failure treatment. The treatment is done completely through herbal medicines which have no side-effects on the health of your child. Ayurveda has proven to cure many such types of disease with its natural techniques. Karma Ayurveda is a clinic that provides Ayurvedic treatment to all kinds of kidney problems in all age groups. It is working under an expert Ayurveda physician Dr. Puneet Dhawan. He has successfully cured many such kidney cases in children with years of experience. Appropriate diet and Ayurvedic medicine can help in reviving a child’s kidney permanently.