What is a kidney cyst?

A kidney cyst refers to the sac-like growth on the kidneys that get filled with fluid and hard material. A simple kidney cyst is usually harmless and non-benign. But PKD which is a genetic condition allows multiple cysts to grow on one or both of the kidneys. PKD is a worrisome condition that runs in the family lines and causes kidney malfunctioning. In PKD, cysts grow by 0.5 inches or larger thereby enlarging the size of the kidneys. If not taken care of by kidney cyst treatment, PKD may even progress to end-stage renal disease. As a complication, multiple cysts form in the parts of the body such as liver, ovaries, etc. Another form of kidney cysts is the acquired polycystic kidney disease which does not occur because of genetic response but as a result of long term damage to the kidneys, such as one during dialysis. Since it is not so severe, it may get away with the required treatment or when your dialysis treatment is over. non hereditary polycystic kidney disease

What are the two types of PKD?

Based on how it is passed on to the children, PKD can be classified into two types, namely: Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: It is diagnosed late in life when a person reaches in his late 30s. A person with ADPKD may get the altered genes from only one parent. 90% of the cases of ADPKD get the mutated copy of PKD1 or PKD 2 gene from one parent only while the rest 10% of the cases develop new genetic mutations with no family history of PKD. Since no exact treatment is available in allopathy, you should start away with kidney ayurvedic kidney cyst treatment. Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease: It is another form of PKD that appears to be less common. Most cases of ARPKD can be seen in the newborn or even before the baby is born. Infants born with ARPKD may have enlarged the size of the kidneys leading to poor kidney function. They may have poor growth as the other organs also do not grow properly because of kidney size. PKHD1 and alterations in their genes are one of the most common factors responsible for the development of ARPKD.

What are the signs and symptoms of PKD?

Signs and symptoms of ADPKD

  • Pain in the back and sides
  • Pain in the abdominal areas
  • Headaches
  • Vascular system problems such as abnormal heart valves, brain aneurysms, etc.
  • Digestive system issues
  • UTI
  • Blood in the urine
  • Reproductive problems

Signs and symptoms of ARPKD

The signs may include:
  • Enlarged kidneys size
  • High blood pressure
  • Breathing problems
  • Low levels of amniotic fluid
  • Liver problems
ayurvedic polycystic kidney disease treatment

Kidney cysts treatment

In allopathy, you may not have any specific treatment to cure PKD just medications to prevent complications from getting severe. Dialysis is suggested in the stages when the kidney function appears to be diminishing. But ayurvedic kidney cysts treatment is one effective way through which you can mend the ill effects of cysts and shrink its size. Ayurvedic treatment is based on herbal medicines which have potent characteristics to reduce the size of the cysts and slow down its course. The ayurvedic choice may never go wrong in any term. All you need is to choose the best ayurvedic physician who can customize medicines according to your health. If you are looking for a treatment for yourself, allow Kidney doctors at Karma Ayurveda to help you!

Certificate no- AH-2023-0186

JAN 05,2023-JAN 04,2026

"Ayurveda is not just a system of medicine; it's a way of life. Connect with us to embrace a lifestyle that nurtures your body, mind, and soul."

Book Consultation Now
Please call me back to discuss more