Stage 4 of Chronic Kidney Disease has advanced kidney damage with a substantial decrease in glomerular filtration rate (GFR) to 15-30 ml/min/1.73 m2.
Our kidney plays a vital responsibility in maintaining our interior balance by filtering waste and surplus fluids from blood to the urine. And a loss of kidney role might pose a grave threat to our overall health unless acted upon with relevant treatment methodologies. On the basis of the impaired kidney functions, the Chronic Kidney Disease has been categorized into five stages and ICD-10 Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 4 is a leading stage to the end stage renal disease.
SYMPTOMS OF ICD-10 CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE STAGE 4
Symptoms encountered at ICD-10 Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 4 are:
- Fluid retention, shortness of breath and swelling
- Changes in Urination
- Nausea and/or Vomiting
- Kidney pain felt
- Sleeping problems
- Bad breath, due to urea build-up in the blood
- Metallic taste felt in the mouth
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Loss of appetite
- Nerve problems like tingling or numbness in the toes or fingers.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR ICD-10 CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE STAGE 4
- Baking Soda: A Research by British scientist by the Royal London Hospital shows that sodium bicarbonate can substantially slow down the progress of Chronic Kidney Disease. It is well known to improve Kidney functions.
- Marijuana: It is effective with chronic kidney disease. Studies have proved that Marijuana is functional in reducing the symptoms and effects of Hepatitis B, Prostrate Cancer, which are major contributors to ICD-10 Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 4.
- Gokshura: This herb is being amply used in Ayurvedic medicines to maintain effective kidney functioning Polycystic Kidney Disease ICD 10 Treatment
- A concoction made from Cherry Flower Stalks: This mixture or cherry as a dry fruit should be taken after meals to promote urination. Its Diuretic properties help enhance kidney functions by flushing out the nitrogenous wastes.
- Cranberries and Cranberry Juice: Due to the presence of Vitamin C, Sodium, Potassium and Phosphorous, this fruit or its juice helps improve kidney functions and regulate blood pressure.
- Ayurvedic Product Mutrakrichantak Churna: This product contains herbs like Varuna, Punarnava, Shigru, Apamarg etc. which are beneficial in naturally renewing Kidney failure.
- Acupuncture: It is also utilized in reducing the symptoms of chronic kidney disease as it helps in balancing blood pressure, strengthening immunity and relieving prolonged pain.
- Improved Diet: A planned diet to improve kidney functions consists of fruits which are very dark in color such as dark fruits and vegetables, black beans, black sesame seeds, black walnuts. Foods from the sea such as seaweed, fish, shellfish, kelp, and sushi etc.
- Increased Water Intake: To improve kidney health, it is mandatory to increase your water intake for at least 2-3 ml of water a day.
PRECAUTIONARY STEP FOR ICD-10 CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE STAGE 4
Some precautionary steps are also required to stop the disease from further progressing into Stage 5
- Avoid alcohol consumption or reduce the intake and stop smoking
- Try to maintain optimal body weight
- Regular moderate exercises and Yogasanas for at least 30-40 minutes are necessary to improve kidney health “Karma Ayurveda Feedback, Complaints and Review”
- Stay careful while using over the counter medicines like aspirin, acetaminophen, as they are more likely to cause damage to the kidneys