What is acute kidney disease? Best Acute Kidney Disease Treatment in Ayurveda with help of Natural Herbs or Medicine
Acute kidney disease is a sudden failure of our kidneys’ capacities. In this condition, our kidneys lose their ability to eliminate excess water, toxin, and salt from your blood. Blood filtration is one of the critical functions that your kidneys perform interminably. If they stop working, fluid and waste can buildup and cause severe complications. This buildup can be is life-threatening. Acute kidney failure most common disorder in the people who are already hospitalized and taking treatments for healing other illnesses. It may develop quickly over a few hours or may take a few days to weeks to grow.
Acute renal failure causes symptoms and treatment
Many reasons can aggravate acute kidney disease, and some of them are as below.
- Insufficient blood flow to your kidneys
- Low blood pressure
- Severe diarrhea
- Direct trauma or accident to your kidneys
- A blockage in your ureters
- Liver failure
- Using certain medicines, such as ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen
- Dehydration, that means not having enough fluid in your body
- Severe allergic reaction in your body
- Blood clots in or around your kidneys
- Glomerulonephritis and lupus that can harm your kidneys
- Severe infection
- Some medicines that are used to treat some other illnesses, such as chemotherapy drugs, antibiotics, and dyes used during CT scans, MRI scans, and other imaging tests
- Consumption of alcohol or illegal drug
- Blood vessel disorders
- Bladder problems such as kidney stones
- Apart from these, if you are having high blood pressure or diabetes, then you are at a higher risk of having this disorder.
Who is at a higher risk?
Acute kidney disease is a common disorder, and anyone can get affected by it. Individuals who are in ICU are even more likely to develop it than people living a healthy life. Other things that can increase the risk of having this disorder may include:
- If your age is over 65 or above
- Having kidney disease or kidney problem like a kidney stone
- Having high blood pressure or hypertension
- Having a chronic illness like heart disease, liver disease, or diabetes
- Having peripheral artery disease
Symptoms of Acute Kidney Disease
Your kidneys manage the level of electrolytes, fluid, and wastes inside your body. If the level of these fluids and electrolytes amass, they may create some obstacles that can disturb many processes in the body. Some of the indications of acute kidney failure are:
- Low appetite, nausea, and vomiting – These signs may appear because of inadequate immune system capacities. You may feel a heavy stomach all the time. This feeling of heaviness may cause sudden weight loss.
- Fatigue and tiredness – You may feel lazy all the time due to the inadequate concentration of electrolytes by the organs.
- The weakness of body muscles – If you are facing this disorder, then you may have fewer levels of electrolytes in your body, and your body muscles need electrolytes to perform their functions precisely.
- Confusion – Less concentration or confusion found to be a severe sign because of inadequate blood flow to your brain.
- Slow or irregular heartbeat – Electrolytes are also required to control your heartbeat because cardiac muscle controls your heartbeat, and they need electrolytes for the proper functioning of your body.
If you have identified any of the signs mentioned above in your body, then you must consult with the experts and take the necessary treatment from them. If you are over 50 years, then maybe, you are already experiencing the symptoms mentioned above. In some cases, individuals are unaware that they are living with this disorder because of the absence of symptoms.
How only Ayurveda can eliminate the origin of acute kidney disease (AKD)?
Ayurveda is the most popular and holistic form of treatment that has its origination in Indian Vedic culture. Ayurveda is a word made from the combination of two Sanskrit words, Ayur, meaning ‘life,’ and Veda, meaning ‘knowledge.’ Hence, Ayurveda means ‘the knowledge of life.’ Ayurveda is a natural healing procedure that works on physical ailments with the involvement of natural herbs and organic supplements. These are capable enough to cure acute kidney disease of its roots.
Ayurvedic kidney disease treatment not only depends upon the use of herbal medicines. It believes in the importance of diet. Some of the essential dietary modification or home remedies are mentioned below:
- Consume low potassium diet – Dietician may recommend you to consume low potassium foods. You have to avoid high potassium foods like bananas, oranges, potatoes, spinach, and tomatoes. You can consume low-potassium foods that include apples, cauliflower, peppers, grapes, and strawberries.
- Avoid salt – Sodium is used in frozen foods, canned soups, and fast foods. Use of sodium can increase your blood pressure that can be very harmful to your kidneys.
Limit phosphorus intake – Phosphorus is required by your body for proper functioning. If there is too much phosphorus in your blood, then it may make your bones weak and cause skin itchiness. Your dietician may recommend a diet chart that is low in phosphorus.
Acute kidney failure is a detrimental health condition. Where allopathy accepts that it has no treatment for it, Ayurveda shows multiple proves that it can be treated naturally. Without depending on machines and chemical-based medicines, Ayurvedic medicine for kidney treatment is an entirely human-friendly, risk-free, integrated remedy.